Children’s Services offers tours to introduce the Library to children aged 3 to 18 years.
To request a tour of the Library, please complete this form.
Tours are available for:
- Preschool & Kindergarten
- Grades 1-6 classes
- Grades 7-12 outreach classes or subject blocks
- Scouts or Girl Guides
- Special groups
Tours for ages 3-12 are 30 min plus 15 min to explore the children’s area. The first 30 min will include:
- Storytime with rhyming breaks
- How to take care of books
- What types of materials we offer
- A bookmark craft
- Getting kids excited about books and
- Showing that staff is here to help!
Tours for grades 7-12 are approximately 45 min. Tour includes:
- A full library tour
- Information on navigating the library's website to find resources for school projects or reading material within their interest
- An age appropriate craft (eg; paracord bracelets or duct tape bookmarks)
- Use of our virtual reality system, and coding robotics.
We will tailor our tours to specific themes or requests from teachers and group leaders. Children receive a changing colour Leduc Library pencil, information to take home to caregivers and a greater appreciation and understanding of the library!