2016, December 27 - 4:02pm — yalekwollman
Leduc Public Library offers access to CELA’s collection of books, magazines, newspapers and described videos in a choice of formats for people with a print disability.
· Lots of choice including current bestsellers, award-winners and classics
· Fiction, non-fiction, self-help, business and more
· Books for kids, teens and adults
· Books in audio, braille or accessible e-book formats
· Download books, take out from the library or receive home delivery by mail
Access to the CELA collection is available to people who are unable to read conventional print due to a disability, which includes:
Learning disability: an impairment relating to comprehension
Physical disability: the inability to hold or manipulate a book
Visual disability: severe or total impairment of sight or the inability to focus or move one's eyes.
3 Ways to Access Collection
1. Download books to your computer or mobile device
· iOS app available on the App Store
· iOS app video tutorial (YouTube)
· Android app on Google Play
· Android app video tutorial (YouTube)
2. Download books to a DAISY player over a wireless connection without using a computer
About Direct to Player service (CELA)
3. Receive audio CDs, Braille or described movies through your local branch or by mail directly to your home.
The CELA website can be found at: www.celalibrary.ca
How to sign up for CELA
Contact library staff to registered as a CELA patron.
This will allow you to request and receive books, movies, newspapers and magazines directly, without library intervention.
If you like, you can fill out this form (opens in Microsoft Word) and give it to library staff to submit online.
However, if you are not comfortable using computers and the Internet, allow your library to request items for you!
Talk to your library staff about requesting items from CELA for you. Just tell them what you would like to get!